The levels of depression have been increasing all over the world and can be attributed majorly to lifestyle changes as there have been no genetic changes in a very long time. This can be attributed to people preferring solitary lives and the pressures of everyday life. Depression has a wide reach as it affects people of all ages and social standing. The pharmaceutical drugs available for depression cure sometimes come with unexpected side effects. Some of the depressed patients are not comfortable with being dependent on antidepressants to help them control depression. Some of the helpful procedures are:
1. Exercise: Regular exercise not only keeps your body fit but is also fundamental in boosting your mood. Regular exercise will keep your body active and give you a sense of fulfillment after every session. Other forms of exercise are aimed at improving your moods through calming you, such exercises include yoga, meditation and acupuncture are very essential in calming one down and combating depression.
2. Vitamin B: In depressed patients the levels of vitamin B are always low. Vitamin B is essential in helping with production of serotonin which is a mood enhancing neurotransmitter. The deficiency of vitamin B components like folic acid, Vitamin B6 and B12 can be caused by poor dietary habits or some drugs like aspirin and birth control tablets. Taking vitamin B supplements or Vitamin B rich foods like vegetables, fruits, beans and cereals will help rejuvenate your body and act as a depression cure.
3. Omega 3 fatty acids: Omega 3 fatty acids are essential in the proper function of the brain. Research has shown that countries with a high intake of omega 3 rich foods have significantly lower levels of depression. The body cannot synthesize these healthy fatty acids and hence require it to be provided through food. Foods like fish, walnuts, sunflower seeds and flax seeds are excellent sources of Omega 3 fatty acids.
4. St John’s Wort: This herb has been for a long time been used for the treatment of anxiety, mood swings and insomnia. There has been research and clinical trials have shown that St John’s wort has been an effective natural depression cure. The downside to this natural remedy is the dizziness and dry mouth which are some of the mild side effects of this herb.
Some of the things you should avoid while naturally curing depression include:
1. Sugars and sweets: Most depressed patients use sweets and sugars for quick mood fixes. This only serves to increase your blood sugar level for a short while but will give you temporary uplift but will only worsen your depression when the blood sugar reduces.
2. Alcohol and stimulants: Alcohol only serves to relax you for short periods and end up dampening your spirits once out of the system. Caffeine and other stimulants that give you energy boosts are similarly not ideal for depression patients. These substances increase mood swings and sleeplessness.
Be the first to like.