It can be difficult to determine which the best breast implants in New York are as both silicone and saline implants produce excellent results. Up until early 2012 there was only one choice in the US and that was saline filled, silicone gel implants were not approved for use prior to that, although the FDA did allow them under certain circumstances. Today, more and more women are turning to Gummy Bear breast implants as they look and feel very natural.
When you see a saline breast implant straight out of the packaging you would swear it is a plastic sandwich bag and little else. The outer shell consists of several layers of silicone and includes a valve. An incision is made below the breast areola and the empty implant is inserted. Once it has been placed, it is filled with a sterile saline solution. When the correct amount of solution has been put in the implant, the hose is withdrawn and the valve closes. A few facts:
- Saline implants are least expensive of the two
- Saline implants are not as soft and natural feeling as silicone gel
- These implants can be micro-adjusted so if one breast is a little smaller than the other, the surgeon can balance the liquid for equality in size
- Saline implants can be felt along the bottom or sides, the feeling is one of an edge or a wrinkle
Silicone gel implants:
The shell of a silicone gel implant is similar to that of a saline implant, multi-layered silicone. In the past the shell was weak but the fifth generation “Gummy Bear” implants have eliminated that and also developed a gel fill that will not weep even if the implant is punctured in any way. A few facts:
- Silicone gel implants are more expensive than saline
- Silicone gel feels very natural and returns instantly to its shape after movement or manipulation
- Silicone gel implants do not develop edge wrinkling
- Micro-adjustment is not possible as the implants are inserted pre loaded with the proper amount of gel. As the implants come in sizes with as little as 25cc difference, rarely is asymmetry a problem.
Now that silicone gel implants have been approved for use after a long testing period, most women find them to be the best breast implants in New York.