One of the advantages that vapers have in many cases is being aware of the exact ingredients that are used in their ejuice. It is also straightforward to determine how much nicotine is in the ejuice you vape. As a smoker, this is much more complicated. For former smokers who have moved on to vaping, determining the nicotine level that is right for their needs can be challenging. The good news is that nicotine levels are standard in the vaping industry.
Finding the Right Nicotine Level for You
The level of nicotine in ejuice will have a tremendous effect on how enjoyable you find vaping. There are a few different things to keep in mind when choosing the right option for yourself.
- Smoking Equivalency – Many vapers smoked in the past, and finding a nicotine level similar to what they had before is crucial. If you were an extremely heavy smoker, you might want a higher nicotine level. Keep in mind that vaping is different from smoking, however, and many former smokers choose a lighter nicotine level for vaping.
- Level of Usage – Some people vape only a few times through the day, while others may find themselves vaping on a much more regular basis. The person vaping frequently will typically do best with a lower nicotine level, while the person who vapes a few times a day might want a higher level. Those who have long vape sessions may find that the higher levels of nicotine can cause nausea and dizziness.
- Throat Hit & Taste – When you vape an ejuice with a heavy nicotine level, it can give a harder hit to the throat along with a harsher taste. Many vapers prefer a lower level because the flavor is better and the vape hit is much smoother.
Choosing the right nicotine level can be difficult, but there are standard levels that tend to work well. Do keep in mind that your taste may vary from these calculations and that’s completely fine.
- 0mg/mL is for the vaper who has moved down from higher level nicotine levels or who simply wishes to vape without nicotine.
- 3mg/mL is often used for those who were light smokers or who have stepped down from higher levels of nicotine.
- 6mg/mL is ideal for new vapers who smoked on a moderate or light basis, or those who smoked light cigarettes.
- 12mg/mL is best for the formerly heavy smoker or those who smoked unfiltered cigarettes.
When choosing your ejuice, be sure to inquire about the manufacturer of the nicotine itself. You want to be sure it was made in an environment that is clean, safe, and following all USP guidelines. When you need the very best product, choose BGP Europe AG. Call to inquire about your Nicotine Ejuice product. Follow us on Twitter.