When you go for a beauty treatment, you expect to come out looking radiant, invigorated, and well, beautiful. Sadly, as every woman knows, it doesn’t always work like that.
1. Uneven trimming: this is a sure sign of inexperience or incompetence. If your fringe isn’t straight, or your eyebrows are unbalanced, or your fingernails are different lengths, then you’ll look terrible, and the chances are that the only thing you can do is to go and have it redone by someone else, and cut even shorter. At least it’ll grow out, eventually, but in the meantime it’s really upsetting to have to patch up amateurish, unprofessional work, especially if you’ve paid someone for it.
2. Poor choice of colours: everyone’s look is different. That flaming red or bleach blonde hair might look great on your favourite star, but it may not be right for you. Your stylist needs to think about what looks good on you, not just pick a photograph of someone else and replicate it. They should talk to you and find out what effect you’re going for, and then work with you to find something that’s appropriate for your skin tones and style. Maybe a few shades darker or lighter will actually work better.
3. Inappropriate products and health concerns: some beauty products can have side-effects. It can be extremely unpleasant when something goes wrong, especially if this results in either short-term or long-term disfigurement. A good, beautician with proper beauty training Birmingham will know the health risks of every product they use, explain them, and ensure that they’re only using the products that are right for you.
4. Unnecessary treatments: obviously beauticians make money by selling you treatments. Good beauticians, though, won’t sell you things you don’t need. They’ll talk with you and help you decide what’s best for you.
5. Overdone work: beauty treatments usually work best when they’re discreet and elegant. If you look like you’ve been given a make-over by your kids, it’s time to get another beautician with more finesse.
6. Not what you asked for: at the end of the day, you know what you want. There’s nothing worse than having someone ignore your requests and doing their own thing, no matter how good their intentions. Make sure your beautician knows what you want and has the skills to do it.
When you choose a beautician in Birmingham make sure you find one who’s done all the appropriate beauty training and knows what they’re doing. Pick someone who you feel comfortable with, and who listens to you instead of telling you what they’re going to do. And most importantly, get recommendations from friends and colleagues.