There is no question that most people wish they could have their weight distributed a bit more evenly on their body. However, in many situations, this desire is never fulfilled. Gender, genetics and a number of other factors that are not in your control will determine where the fat cells accumulate. For example, women tend to see deposits on the thighs and hips, while men usually notice more fat around the abdomen area.
Things such as menopause and childbirth can completely rewrite the genetic rules related to the distribution of fat. A reduced amount of estrogen and pregnancy can result in unwanted fat accumulated around the stomach, or skill that begins to sag. While working out and eating right ca help to counteract some of the issues, they may not be able to fully eradicate a drooping or flabby midsection.
Now the question is, what can be done? In these cases, a Tummy Tuck in Chicago, may be the best option. This is because this procedure is able to strengthen any stomach muscles that have been weakened, beautify your belly button, reveal a tight abdomen and remove any excess fat. However, before going forward with the tummy tuck procedure, there are certain things you should know, which are highlighted here.
* Ideal candidates for this procedure are both men and women who are in overall good health.
* When preparing for surgery, there are certain types of medications that will have to be discontinued temporarily. If you are a smoker you need to stop 10 days before the procedure, as well.
* The tummy tuck will target the stomach area and not remove fat deposits that are in other areas of the body.
* Not everyone will receive the same level of skin and fat removal.
* The abdominoplasty will not be covered by your insurance.
* The procedure will be done in a medical facility, with some patient’s having to stay overnight.
* After the procedure, you are likely to experience some level of discomfort, bruising and swelling.
* You will likely be able to return to work within a week after the surgery.
If you are considering the tummy tuck procedure, it is important to consider all these factors. This will ensure that you have a successful outcome and that you have realistic expectations for the procedure. If you have additional questions, you should talk with your cosmetic surgeon.
For more information about the Tummy Tuck Chicago procedure, visit The Michael Horn Center for Cosmetic Surgery website. Browse the site Website.com for more information.