If you have noticed that you become sick after eating a meal, it could be possible that you are suffering from a food allergy. Food allergies Louisville, KY is more common than people realize. It is important that you educate yourself and seek medical attention for your allergies. Below you will find some of the more common food allergies in the United States.
1. Dairy – having an allergic reaction to milk is often discovered during childhood age. Many new moms are using milk based formulas, not realizing that it can be affecting their child’s immune system. Many times those formulas are not compatible with their digestive system creating an adverse affect to the feeding. In many cases this allergy goes away as the children develop stronger digestive systems. If after drinking a glass of milk or dairy product you become ill, you may need to seek testing for food allergies Louisville, KY.
2. Eggs – Another common food allergy in young children are eggs. Typically this allergen is outgrown and children are able to eat them without a problem. This food allergy is not only to young children, as many adults can suffer from an allergic reaction as well.
3. Peanuts – this is a highly popular food allergy. Peanuts are at the top of the list for causing allergic reactions in both children and adults. The affects of the reaction can be severe and even fatal in some cases. If you suspect you or a loved one is allergic to peanuts you should immediately be tested for food allergies Louisville, KY.
4. Gluten – a gluten or wheat allergy can differ in its conditions. Some may get a minor reaction whereas others need emergency care. Again if you suspect this should be a problem you should contact your local doctor’s office about being tested further.
5. Fish (shell fish) – One that is prominent in adults is the allergic reaction to fish or shell fish. The reactions vary going from minor to extreme and in some cases fatal.
As you are introduced to new foods you must pay special attention to the ingredients as well as the company that manufactures them. Since food allergies Louisville, KY and all over the US have increased many companies now place information on their labels to make you aware. Some of those warning labels will let you know what is contained in the food, and also if the food you’re eating is made or manufactured in a place where certain food allergens exist. For instance, you may want a plain chocolate Hershey bar yet you’re allergic to peanuts, the package will simply state to be careful because the candy is manufactured by the same machinery that handles peanuts and other allergens.
In order to best treat your food allergies Louisville, KY you need to make your allergy specialist or primary doctor aware that you could have a problem. While you may end up missing out on some of your favorite foods, the risk that you take with your life should be more important.
Don’t take a chance with your food allergies Louisville KY. If you suspect that you have complications consuming a certain product or ingredient you should immediately contact your doctor. Visit Drsmithallergy.com to get your allergy test today.