What is TMJ syndrome?
TMJ or Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome refers to pain in the joint that connects your jaw to your skull. If you feel any localized pain or discomfort from these parts, then it’s best to seek out a dental care provider that offers TMJ Treatment in Tampa FL.
What causes TMJ syndrome?
There are several known causes for the temporomandibular joint syndrome. Injury or trauma to the teeth or jaw is one likely cause, as is teeth misalignment. Do you grind your teeth? That could put undue pressure on your jaw, leading to the condition. Poor posture, stress, arthritis and frequent gum chewing are all possible causes of TMJ joint syndrome too, the MedicineNet says.
What are the symptoms?
If you suspect you have TMJ syndrome, here are a few symptoms and signs to watch out for.
- Is there pain in your jaw joint?
- Do you suffer from jaw clicking and popping?
- Do you have pain in your ear?
- Do you have popping sounds in your ear?
- Are your jaw muscles sore or stiff?
- Do you suffer from persistent headaches with at least one or more of the other symptoms on the list?
- Is there pain in your temples?
- Do your jaws keep locking?
If you experience any of these, be sure to look for an honest and fair dentist that offers TMJ Treatment in Tampa FL.
How to find help?
Read through reviews of the dentist online. Feedback from other clients can tell you a great deal whether the dentist is a good choice or not. Consider the office location too. If you’re going to keep coming back for regular treatments, you’ll want to pick a dentist whose office is near enough to where you live or work. That way, keeping your appointments is easy and hassle-free.
Be the first to like.