If you’ve avoided the important task of establishing a tight-knit relationship with a reputable family dentist in your area, it’s in your best interests to take a closer look at the following facts and figures:
- Your mouth can be home to upwards of a billion microorganisms at any given point in time.
- These microbes and bacteria produce ample amounts of harmful acid after digesting the sugars, starches, and other ingredients you consume.
- This acid only takes approximately 20 minutes to form after each meal or snack, and it has been known to cause extensive tooth decay and gum problems if left unattended.
- Soda drinkers are about 70% more likely to suffer from extensive tooth decay during their lives.
- As such, sugary sodas and soft drinks pose a huge issue in today’s oral health arena – 52% of US citizens drink these acidic, carbonated beverages on a daily basis.
- Almost two-thirds of Americans “rarely floss,” or “never floss at all,” which means that the vast majority of people are essentially ignoring 40% of their tooth surface.
As you might imagine by now, these statistics paint a frightening picture for today’s families, especially for those that lead busy lives and don’t necessarily have the time or patience to practice consistent, healthy oral hygiene habits.
How Can My Local Dental Practitioner Help?
If you visit a renowned family dentist in Grand Island, NE, you’ll gain access to a highly-trained, compassionate team of professionals that can provide a comprehensive suite of services for everyone in your home, which includes the following:
- Gentle children’s dentistry
- Advanced cosmetic procedures, including bridges, crowns, restorations, and fillings
- Gum therapy treatments
- Personalized teeth whitening solutions
- Invisalign teeth straightening (fantastic alternative to bulky metal braces)
- Safe and effective sedation dentistry for nervous or apprehensive individuals
Simply by visiting a trustworthy family dentist on a regular basis, you’ll be to rely on a friendly group of accredited experts to provide a one-stop-shop for your family’s needs, irrespective of how long it’s been since your last check-up.
What Should I Do to Prepare for My First Visit?
Before scheduling a consultation with a family dentist in your vicinity, you should create a short list of any specific dental concerns you might have, and then complete the new patient form on the organization’s web page. Doing so will streamline your experience and allow your practitioner to provide a more personalized level of service.
If you’d like to get started on your planning process, feel free to visit us today to connect with a distinguished facility in your proximity.
Be the first to like.